fun fun fun fun fun fun fun funeral.

https://soundcloud.com/sariya-iman-okoye

52 cards in a deck

in los angeles today waiting on a plane

can’t handle this baggage and all the pain 

at baggage claim wishing i could say your name

to your face 

but i am confused and ashamed 
still

life

of a butterfly in wet paint 

never 
dried 

my eyes
on a cocktail napkin 

wondering when will this end 
and what exactly happened 
to begin with

all i know is: there are 50 states in the US
and 52 cards in a deck
also, i’ve got an ace up my sleeve for a queen 

feeling mean and green like a teen 
and i always keep a tampon on me
just in case i need to clog a bullet wound
or stop the bleed

not acting my age because things
haven’t been the same since you threw me away

in los angeles today 
deboarding a plane 

praying for rain, but all i know is this: there 
are 50 states in the USofA and 52 cards in a deck

i am missing the queen
and praying for reign 

No comments: