fun fun fun fun fun fun fun funeral.

https://soundcloud.com/sariya-iman-okoye

seizures


seizures and fits of melancholy drive me on diesel all the way through this valley
searching for something, anything, to calm my nerves and give me a feeling
that i think i deserve
to be healthy, at least
we long to be happy
but instead we have a feast on thanksgiving day and say grace
ungracefully as we stuff our faces full of tryptophan from turkey
and carbohydrates and such
sometimes living is too much
and it seems just like a promise i have to keep
threatened suicide in a xanax vodka blackout
at a shout or a fever pitch but the question is
did i really mean it? 
i had gotten some bad news via text message 
and lost my shit
is getting normal these days
when the 45th president took the reigns 
it all felt insane
but now the tweets and speeches are mundane 
and this causes me more pain than any thing else
than your absence 
wish i were a cop so i could write you up for truancy
on a relationship you just discarded so cruelly 
the days pass, i wonder if i’ll gain weight in old age
or shrink into nothingness 
but i’ve got my listerine, i’ve got a pack of matches, 
i’ve got a grin to disarm even my worst enemy
is myself 

No comments: